Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotts little bit of wisdom

Go down

Scotts little bit of wisdom Empty Scotts little bit of wisdom

Post  gointoscott Tue 06 Jan 2009, 11:32 pm

Well. Here are a few things that seam to work for me. Everyone has probably heard some of these ideas elsewhere but is what works for me.

1. Dont skip a meal. Big no no. Even though I know this at times when I'm trying to cut back it will be one of the first things I do, especially if I ate to much previously that day or night before. I always inevitably eat way too much later so do more harm then good. I think it hurts your motabolism too or makes it easier to put weight on.
2. The old adage of a balanced diet works. I dont think you have to get the weight watchers meals or shakes or eat low calorie foods. Just eat sensible meals. But I do a few simple things. Such as if I eat salad - no dressing, kind of defeats purpose or at least keep it a minimal. Also I try and stay away from butter, cheese. Things like that.
lastly cut the deserts out.
3. Dont eat after supper. Some say its ok to have a snack. But that is against Scotts religion. I guess I feel its not good to let it sit in your stomach over night. That is what supper is for.
4. This last point is what works for me, may not be the best and others have different approaches, but my approach is to eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. I know others like to eat smaller portions more throughout the day. but for me to get the same results eating this way it would mean eating less at meal times since I scacked inbetween meals and that is hard for me to do. So I just keep to the meals and leave it at that.
5. They say drink 8 glasses of water a day. This is really good. 1. very healthy, 2 helps you feel full and less hungry. Only thing is I get sick of water. But I still want to try to get back to it. You def make more trips to rest room.

Ok that is all
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down