Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt's Routine

4 posters

Go down

Matt's Routine Empty Matt's Routine

Post  Matt Fri 16 Jan 2009, 3:55 pm

Well I've pretty much worked out now everyday except one sick day sense the 1st of Jan. My routine usually consists of an hour minimum on the treadmill, elliptical, and bike. I either mix them up or do one for the solid hour. I then do some tossing of the medicine ball, stretches, and some high reps lifting of the upper body. I then tend to finish the workout up with either more cardio machines or jump rope. My goal was 30 days straight to which I'm half way. My body has felt pretty wasted but I must press on.

Last edited by Matt on Fri 16 Jan 2009, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Matt's Routine Empty Re: Matt's Routine

Post  Brian Fri 16 Jan 2009, 4:10 pm

Nice job! I've been having a tough time getting motivated to leave the house because of this stupid weather. I worked out Wednesday afternoon, but had no drive to go yesterday with how cold it was. I plan on going this evening, I have to.
Brian
Brian
Admin

https://fitnessforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue 20 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

I've added more lifting to my routine which has been pretty fun. Still sticking to moderate weight at high reps and I can really tell a difference in my strength. Just started doing the bench press and squats this week. I'm 20 days in and going strong.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Fri 23 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm

Well I took a much needed day off yesterday, my body has felt pretty beat with working out everyday for three straight weeks. I went to sleep last night at 6:00 pm and just awoke this morning at 10:00 am...16 straight hours, crazy! Talk about some much needed rest. It was great!
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 12:10 pm

Matt, I did something pretty similar Wednesday. I felt horrible at work on Wednesday all day. I got home, soaked in the tub for about 15 minutes and went to bed at 5:45pm, and didn't get out of bed till 7am the next morning, 13 hours of sleep. I remember Tuesday night I felt like I was coming down with something, but I went ahead and ran those 6 miles anyway, should have listened to my body. I think it was a combination of a cold and my body just being rundown due to not getting enough sleep in the last week.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory Fri 23 Jan 2009, 2:26 pm

Matt I was surprised not to see you at the gym last night. Man all that sleep sounds really nice. They say that to lose weight, gain muscle, be healthy one of the best things you can do is get plenty of sleep. I cannot remember getting that much sleep in my adult life. You must have been really run down.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 2:38 pm

I gotta give you guys credit for going out at night and working out. It's been way too easy for me to stay inside and get on the treadmill, the cold weather just is getting so old. I either need to cancel my Snap membership, or get really motivated and ignore this weather!!
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cory Fri 23 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

Brian next time I'm going to the gym I'll do for you what I have to do for Erin. I'll go down warm up the car for a while and then I'll give you a call to come along and then give you a ride to the front door of Snap.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 3:10 pm

Wow, that sounds really nice, count me in cheers
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Fri 23 Jan 2009, 5:13 pm

Brian you are a wimp Very Happy Do you want me to rub your feet too and give you a blanky lol
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 5:15 pm

Yeah, fix me a bottle too, get one of the big ones that fit at least 10 oz, and make sure you put some Heinekin in it Very Happy
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Fri 23 Jan 2009, 6:24 pm

That does seem a bit hard to swallow. Put on a winter jacket and make the few block journey. The cold would never deter me from getting my workout in.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 6:32 pm

Hahaha, don't worry, I'm getting the workout in, just not at Snap. Now I realize why I bought that equipment, so I can stay warm Smile
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Fri 23 Jan 2009, 6:59 pm

New name for Brian: Wimpy wimpy wimpy
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 7:11 pm

I think it's more lazy and not motivated, I don't think it's wimpy, because I'm going in and out right now grilling some nice steaks. If I'm able to go outside and deal with the cold for some steaks, I should be able to do the same for a good workout at Snap. Like I said, at least there is motivation to put the workouts in at home, but I feel I'm wasting the membership money, since I'm not going there right now.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Fri 23 Jan 2009, 9:18 pm

You can't seriously tell me that the cold is hindering you from going to Snap! That doesn't cut it. Everyone I know who has a membership is a regular there regardless of weather. Heck, you just bought the membership, most of the time when people buy them they are really motivated to use them for at least a few weeks/months then it trickles away, but in your case it was instantly! How come you bought it knowing you had that equipment? Or is the cold just an excuse because Becky won't let you out of the house? Hahahahahahahahhahahaha
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri 23 Jan 2009, 9:36 pm

Hahaha, no, Becky could care less. Her mom is still here, so I can do pretty much whatever, she makes life alot easier with the kids for sure. The reason I signed up because I wanted to use all their free weights, and I always planned on using my treadmill for cardio days.

Seriously, after I settle down in the evening after work, the last thing I want to do is step outside into the cold. I can't workout on my way home from work, because Snap is absolutely crazy at that time. And there is no way you'll find me getting out of a warm bed at 5am in the morning..haha. I know, I know, seems like a stupid excuse, that I let the cold affect my drive to go to the gym. But this happens every winter, I get fed up with it and am ready to move down south. I know we never will, but I always get that way once we have been in it for a few months. I'll see if I can pull it off tonight, it would be the ultimate test to conquer my hate for the cold, since it will be like 30 below wind chills!!
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down