Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ups and downs of fitness for Scott

4 posters

Go down

The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Empty The ups and downs of fitness for Scott

Post  gointoscott Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:50 am

Yikes I cant believe I'm doing this. But I'm doing it to help me and hopefully help you guys too and I'm sure there will be some laughs.

Ok I researched all the pic's I could find of me since I was 20 basically. The ups and downs of fitness for me.

Here I am 20 I think this is 1993 or 1994 cant remember for sure. Its in Black river at Jason Oppelts house. I was working for Steve Peterson doing construction and got in decent shape since it was manual labor doing concrete. I didnt have a workout rutine at all:
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott-besttanever1994

This is June 8th 1998. Lance started this idea how we would take pic's of ourselves to see how we could improve. I did get in better shape but dont have any pictures to show for it. Oh by the way I know lance has pic's from this date too. We'll have to see if he will post them. He'll have to scan it into his computer.: Age 24
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott6-8-98

This is 3-26-01 Age 27 This date surprised me. I thought I was rooming with Lance and Jared by this time but must of been right before hand. I was dating Carissa by then. I didnt really do much to get in shape after this Oh lance has pics this date too as well. Lets see if he's man enough to post them Razz :

The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott3-26-01

Ok now onto the time when I did my apsolute best: 1-26-02 Age 28 It was a week after I was engaged. I had 6 months to wedding. Yikes I had work to do I took some progression pics of my effort to get in shape. I'll post with dates below
1-26-02
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott1-26-02
2-2-02
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott2-2-02
2-23-02
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott2-23-02
3-2-02
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott3-2-02
3-30-02
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott ScottandcarissaatKahler3-30-02

basically in two months I made dramatic changes.
How I did it was this:
diet was:
Breakfast: toasted bagel with jelly and Milk
Lunch: kaiser bun with turkey, ham, lettuce, sprouts, onion no mayo, no cheese. bowl of soup and water
Supper: 6 inch or 12 inch sub with same ingredients (no cheese or sauce) size depended on how hungry I was Or I would eat winona sandwich company sub and soup

I also worked out 3-4 times a week at St T's I miss that place.
I went from 184 lb's on 1-26-02 down to 164 lbs on 3-30-02 Lowest weight since well dont remember when.

I stayed eating good that entire summer These two are both June 02:
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scottputtingburgersongrilatcottagen
this is at bachealor party:
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scottinsilkboxers

Cover of Mens health worthy. well maybe close at least.

i was married in July 02 stayed in decent shape for a few months. But then fall 02 I changed positions at Ashley to IT dept and started working straight 8 shift no lunch. Worst thing ever. I started eating at vending machine for lunch. How stupid stupid stupid. and I went back to basically what I was before.

A few years later is when Brian and I and a few others started a forum like this and seeing who could get back in shape
Here is 5-11-05 Age 31
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scottweek35-11-05
3 weeks later 6-6-05 not much difference but a little
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott ScottWeek66-6-05

Then of course later that fall I fell off the deep end for me at least. I was eating chunka lunka's, little debbies, and good ol Mountain Dew by the 32 oz's at a time.
I again hit it hard and lost 22 lbs in 2 months.
So 1-12-06 I was worst shape ever at 192 lbs Age 32 Wow look at those love handles Shocked
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott1-12-06
3-17-06 weight 170 I really worked hard for this. Again we did the forum it really helped.
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott3-17-06

Since this time I never went back up to 190 But...
In 2007 I did go back up to 180. then hit it hard again and back down to 170
and once again in 2008 when we went on Cruise with Lance I was at 177 then lost 7 lbs back to 170. Dont really have pics of this Well I do have one from cruise
This is Feb 2008
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Cruise-ScottandCarissaatpark

So I keep it within reason but still hate the see saw battle. So now again here I am Jan 09
1-6-09 Not sure weight yet. I'm guessing low 180's will get official weight in morning.
The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Scott1-6-09

I have to say I am so glad I took these pic's over the years. It helps me stay motivated knowing I can make a difference. There will probably always be the ups and downs. But its really nice knowing I was able to do it. The ones that I think of most for motivation are from 2002. So again I want to work to get back to weight 165 and in shape.

One last thing is the last few times I worked to get in shape was for vacation, where while on vacation I went back to eating at the buffets and thought - Hey I'm on vacation. But after each time after I got back I did good for 2 days but then went back to old habits.

So this time its nice we arnt doing that. It will be easier to stick to eating healthy. At least that is the goal
Sorry for the long post
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Empty Re: The ups and downs of fitness for Scott

Post  rjk Wed 07 Jan 2009, 9:42 am

Nice post. Really shows what true effort can accomplish.

I don't have a history of pictures like that. I think that Brian has some older pictures that he once sent me.

How about it Bri??
rjk
rjk

Back to top Go down

The ups and downs of fitness for Scott Empty Re: The ups and downs of fitness for Scott

Post  Brian Wed 07 Jan 2009, 10:22 am

Yeah, I have a bunch. I'll see about putting some up tonight.
Brian
Brian
Admin

https://fitnessforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue 20 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

Man Scott you do look like a fitness model in those tiger print boxers! Something to look forward to again.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum