Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Note

4 posters

Go down

TV Note Empty TV Note

Post  Matt Tue 06 Jan 2009, 1:11 pm

Tonight is the season premiere of Biggest Loser Couples. There's nothing more motivating then seeing people who weight hundreds of pounds getting licked into shape. Starts tonight at 8/7 Central. Check it out!
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

TV Note Empty Re: TV Note

Post  Brian Tue 06 Jan 2009, 1:26 pm

Yep, we got the DVR set for that!
Brian
Brian
Admin

https://fitnessforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rjk Tue 06 Jan 2009, 1:32 pm

Never really watch it. If I do, I'll watch it online. Don't have cable and we don't get a great picture.
rjk
rjk

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue 06 Jan 2009, 1:54 pm

Ahh, Cable isn't that expensive. I get full expanded cable, premium channels, DVR, HD channels, and 10 MB internet for a meager $85 via good old Charter. Granted I talked them down you could still get that package for maybe $100-120 which to me is money well spent. The DVR and never having to watch commercials is priceless, a real time saver. Come aboard!
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  rjk Tue 06 Jan 2009, 2:16 pm

I spend $42 for phone and internet and $18 for Netflix. Thats $720 per year. I get to stream up to 10,000 movies, tv shows, documentaries etc, and watch them when I want, plus 3 DVD's at a time. We rarely watch regular tv. I think that they only thing we (Amy) do watch is the Wheel of fortune. Anyother tv I want to watch, we just go to Hulu.com or go to the networks website. I like doing it this way as, it's on the cheaper side of tv, I get WAY more variety than cable can give. Also, I am not at the mercy of what cable puts on. I get to be selective in what I watch. It's true, that sometimes I don't get to see the show when it comes on tv, but I am not that into it. Also there are a lot of British tv that I can get through Netflix and you can't get on cable. Older shows and the like. So to me, I like the fact that I get to save a few $$$ (which adds up) and get awesome tv.

If you want, you can check out Netflix for 2 weeks for free, no obligations.

just my 2c
rjk
rjk

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Tue 06 Jan 2009, 10:12 pm

rjk wrote:I spend $42 for phone and internet and $18 for Netflix. Thats $720 per year. I get to stream up to 10,000 movies, tv shows, documentaries etc, and watch them when I want, plus 3 DVD's at a time. We rarely watch regular tv. I think that they only thing we (Amy) do watch is the Wheel of fortune. Anyother tv I want to watch, we just go to Hulu.com or go to the networks website. I like doing it this way as, it's on the cheaper side of tv, I get WAY more variety than cable can give. Also, I am not at the mercy of what cable puts on. I get to be selective in what I watch. It's true, that sometimes I don't get to see the show when it comes on tv, but I am not that into it. Also there are a lot of British tv that I can get through Netflix and you can't get on cable. Older shows and the like. So to me, I like the fact that I get to save a few $$$ (which adds up) and get awesome tv.

If you want, you can check out Netflix for 2 weeks for free, no obligations.

just my 2c

I think I hear some birds... Cheap cheap cheap cheap. Laughing JK

Yeah it def does save some money, but I'm with Matt HD with DVR is the way to go for quality of picture. Its nice to watch a half hour show in 15 minutes and 1 hour show in 40 minutes.
One time a show didnt record so we did watch it online too so we've done that as well.
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Tue 06 Jan 2009, 10:13 pm

Matt wrote:Tonight is the season premiere of Biggest Loser Couples. There's nothing more motivating then seeing people who weight hundreds of pounds getting licked into shape. Starts tonight at 8/7 Central. Check it out!

Somone had the biggest loser couples on the TVs at Snap. WOW those are the biggest boobs I've seen on a guy in my life. Shocked
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Tue 06 Jan 2009, 10:53 pm

LOL, I'll be watching that shortly. Just got back from the gym. What a workout, I'm thinking I could be puking pretty soon Embarassed I might have overdid it for my 1st workout, but hey, it felt good.

And yes, Russell is a penny pincher Very Happy It shows too, I bet he has more money stashed away than all of us combined!!
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rjk Wed 07 Jan 2009, 6:19 am

I know, I know. Hahahahahahaha
Hey, I even started to blog about it

Check it out. I have only been doing in a couple of weeks

Feel free to comment.

http://cuttingthecost.blogspot.com/
rjk
rjk

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:01 pm

Hahahaha. Yeah, that one guy on the orange team looks like the Stay-Puft marshallow man from Ghostbusters. That guy is out of control. LOL. Holy Cow! Check it out and compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_loG8AQKtY
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:04 pm

I thought that was pretty lame they sent 9 people packing last night. I mean, all those people are in need of some serious help losing weight.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:08 pm

Well they can still come back after thirty days if their partner is still in the game. The goal was to show people they can do it from home. We'll see how it unfolds and how those 9 do at home.
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:11 pm

Right, if they come back and didn't lose as much as their partner that is in the game, then all of the viewers will kind of think negative that they will never get results like people on the show. Hopefully they do really good, then people will get encouraged by it.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 07 Jan 2009, 1:19 pm

I think you guys are talking about the heaviest guy ever on the show? He was always rubbing his face, I couldn't help to notice how fat his fingers were. Man, when your eating is out of control, fat will find any place it can go.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum