Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GNC BIOTIN?

4 posters

Go down

GNC BIOTIN? Empty GNC BIOTIN?

Post  gointoscott Wed 28 Jan 2009, 4:38 pm

A brother in our hall said he has been usuing Biotin from GNC. I tried it and seams to help a lot. I was down 4 lbs this week. I am working out regularly and probably the biggest thing is being very strict with what I eat. But thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else wants to try that.

Also Lance has this stuff from advocare that probably works the same. I forget what its called but it helps you lose weight. I think it helps you lose the fat but not the muscle.

If anyone is having problems seeing results may want to try one of these supliments.

Any thoughts?
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

GNC BIOTIN? Empty Re: GNC BIOTIN?

Post  Brian Wed 28 Jan 2009, 4:40 pm

So that's how you lost that weight, cheating and not working out hard! Hahaha. Creatine makes you absorb water, I wonder if those types of supplements do the opposite and sort of dehydrate you. You'll have to read about it and see exactly what it's doing.
Brian
Brian
Admin

https://fitnessforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Wed 28 Jan 2009, 4:49 pm

I think having some supliments like this can help because when you eat less you basically are starving your self and that can be bad for muschles because from what I understand your body tends to attack muscle before fat.

I'm starting to sound like lance. lol JK Lance.
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 28 Jan 2009, 4:57 pm

I was just reading a bit about biotin, seems safe to use. Alot of people commented not to waste your money at GNC, that you can get the same amount for like $5.97 at Walmart compared to $30 at GNC.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Thu 29 Jan 2009, 11:43 am

I use to never take any supplements/pain killers or pretty much any drug growing up. Now I'm like whatever! I'll try anything. I'm in on this Biotin. I'm going to load up on it today. My weigh in wasn't what I expected and I think this may help, also cutting back on all the lifting might help also. I should be doing more then 45min-1 hour of cardio a day to burn this off quicker.

Scott - do you have a link to what your taking? I noticed there was a regular Biotin and a "Super Potency" Biotin version, I wonder what the difference would be?

I see it says Biotin promotes hair growth/health, that could be a big help also. hahahahah
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Thu 29 Jan 2009, 12:00 pm

Just the regular stuff. I noticed that too about the hair! ANything can help. I'd get it at walmart. its cheaper then from GNC.
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Thu 29 Jan 2009, 12:02 pm

oh hey, another thing is the best way to see results is to use it while having regular workout program well cardio is good for sure. Also for me the biggest thing is eating right.
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Thu 29 Jan 2009, 12:05 pm

So you just take one a day? Does it matter when you take it during the day?
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  gointoscott Thu 29 Jan 2009, 12:16 pm

IDK, I usually take it in the morning. It just says daily on the directions.
gointoscott
gointoscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Polish Package Wed 04 Feb 2009, 12:03 am

I dont have any knowledge of the biotin product. i have learned a little about nutrition. i guess if it works for you- go for it. i would have some hesitation about buying something generic from walmart. first and foremost, is it usp graded and approved? how can they sell something so cheap? with everything in life you get what you pay for. for instance... protein. you can buy a barrel at walmart for 3 dollars, but if your body can only breakdown a small % of that and the rest goes out your bottom in a gas or solid state, if it really cost effective or helping much? is there any really science backing it? a lot of companies pay a vet or anyone wirh some letters behind their name to back the products and add credibility. do they have conculsive studies to prove it works? ex. double blind placebo testing. ask ?'s. whos endorsing it and how many millions are they getting to say it?

there are many reasons why megan and i use advocare everyday and always will. if anyone is curious i would be happy to share or give free samples. there may be other good products out there, but for every 1 there are 20 snakeoil companies with empty promises. do research

Polish Package

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 04 Feb 2009, 10:13 am

I used to be a supplement nut a few years ago, now I've completely changed. I'm not looking for some magic pill that will help me build muscle or lose fat asap. I believe if you eat very good, drink plenty of water, stay away from alcohol and exercise regularly, you're gonna get ripped. Supplements may get you there faster, so they do help to a certain extent. Alot of people buy into them because everyone wants change right now. I remember reading somewhere that the people who take vitamins don't need them, they are the health conscious ones who are eating good getting all the necessary nutrients. And the ones that don't take them that should, are probably eating McDonald's and all that other garbage. And with protein, most protein sellers say you need a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Many doctors have said that is overkill, that your body can only breakdown so much, the rest will be crapped out. Now I don't know who is right, are the protein sellers saying that, because they know you'll never get that from the food you eat, so you will buy their products? No clue.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 04 Feb 2009, 10:23 am

I also wanted to add that I'm not ripped because 1) I do not eat really good all the time, 2) I don't exercise regularly, and 3) I don't drink plenty of water...haha. The only thing I got going for me is I stay away from alcohol. I think I could handle 2 and 3, but eating good all the time is VERY challenging. I think the only way you could do that is if you had a cold year round and couldn't taste anything.
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed 04 Feb 2009, 1:42 pm

The only reason I went ahead with the Biotin was because it was only like $7 for 4 months worth. Believe me I'm one who blows money pretty easily but on supplements/pills...no way! Plus you don't really even know if its working. I guess if your feeling better that's one thing but with these types of weight loss vitamins its tough to say. I remember scrolling through that Advocare catalog and not believing people spend that kind of money on pills each month. I can see you sticking with them though Lance if you think they make you feel better. Didn't you spend a ton of money on those products initially? Are you still using those same products?
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed 04 Feb 2009, 1:48 pm

If Matt and Scott get good results with that Biotin for that cheap, I'll buy some. I agree with Lance though, with most things, you get what you pay for, but if that cheap stuff at Walmart gets results, count me in. I think alot of that stuff might just affect you mentally, where you workout harder in the gym and eat better because you're taking the supplement. Do you think you guys are putting forth that much more effort, or is that Biotin the real deal?
Brian
Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed 04 Feb 2009, 1:53 pm

I have no clue if its the real deal yet. I've been on it for almost a week and will weigh in tomorrow. I'd say my diet/workout have pretty much remained the same the last week so we'll see if my results are the same as they have been or better with the help of Biotin. But then maybe it takes a few weeks to really get into your system, I have no idea. I compared labels with the one I bought and the GNC version and they seemed pretty much the same. Everyone knows Walmart is a cheap place to get most things and GNC is overpriced, don't they?
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum